Oracle Exadata is software and hardware engineered together to provide the highest-performing and most-available platform for running Oracle Database. Its architecture features a scale-out design with industry-standard servers and intelligent storage, including state-of-the-art flash technology, and a high-speed InfiniBand internal fabric. Elastic configurations enable systems tailored to specific database workloads.
Exadata Services Include:
Our Expert Service enables you to either Implement or Migrate to an Oracle Exadata Engineered System, whilst benchmarking against other optimised Exadata examples.
Vertice Oracle Exadata – Expert Services is a proven package that leverage’s best practices derived from our combined knowledge and experience of Oracle Exadata.
We utilise our Exadata experienced DBAs and ensure your Exadata deployment is optimised for your specific needs…
Thereafter Vertice are also available to act in an advisory and support capacity to your in-house DBAs to ensure your have sufficient Exadata experience attained and have access to our experienced DBAs if needed – or – we can provide a managed service for your Exadata system.
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is engineered to be the highest performing, most cost effective and most available platform for running Oracle Database. Exadata is a modern architecture featuring scale-out industrystandard
database servers, scale-out intelligent storage servers, state-of-the art PCI flash storage servers and an extremely high speed InfiniBand internal fabric that connects all servers and storage. Unique software algorithms in Exadata implement database intelligence in storage, PCI based flash, and InfiniBand networking to deliver higher performance and capacity at lower costs than other platforms.
• Up to 684 CPU cores and 14.6.TB memory per rack for database processing
• Up to 288 CPU cores per rack dedicated to SQL processing in storage
• From 2 to 19 database servers per rack
• From 3 to 18 Oracle Exadata Storage Servers per rack
• Up to 230 TB of Flash Storage per rack
• 40 Gb/second (QDR) InfiniBand Network
• Uncompressed and mirrored usable capacity of up to 385 TB per rack
• Hybrid Columnar Compression often delivers 10X-15X compression ratios
• Complete redundancy for high availability
• Oracle Linux